2 bedrooms
Gravesend, DA12 5FG

A spacious two bedroom retirement living apartment at Wimborne House that allows you to remain as independent and active as you like whilst socialising with others and pursuing your own interests. The apartment is exclusively for the over 60s and is available via our flexible shared ownership scheme, based on purchasing a 75% share with the full market value of this apartment being £185,000.

Dimensions* & Floor Plan


3.61m x 2.67m | 8' 9” x 11' 10"


3.35m x 4.23m | 11' x 13' 10”

Bedroom 1

4.50m x 3.75m | 14' 9" x 12' 3"

Bedroom 2

2.91m x 2.91m | 9' 6" x 9' 6"

Shower room

2.09m x 3.16m | 6' 10” x 10' 4"

Store cupboard

2.09m x 1.00m | 6' 10” x 3' 3"

Overall apartment size

761.80 sq ft


*All dimensions are approximate

A floor plan of a typical 2 bedroom apartment at Wimborne House


  • Fitted carpet throughout, allowing you to furnish your home as you choose
  • Open plan lounge and kitchen
  • Fitted kitchen with:
    • Fridge-freezer
    • Washer-dryer
    • Oven, hob and extractor hood
  • Level access shower room
  • Emergency pull cord and intercom alarm system
  • 24-hour support team
  • Wheelchair access and lifts to all floors
Example kitchen specifications at Wimborne House

Communal features

  • On-site restaurant providing freshly prepared meals seven days a week
  • Hairdressing salon
  • Assisted bathroom with bath
  • Communal lounge
  • Multifunction room
  • Guest suite for visiting family and friends
  • Landscaped gardens
  • Internal store for buggies and scooters

Eligibility criteria

To live at Wimborne House you:

  • Must be aged 60 or over

There are two 2 bedroom apartments available to buy for £138,750 and £141,000 respectively for a 75% share. You can purchase from 25% to 75% of the full market value through Sanctuary's flexible shared ownership scheme.

A subsidised rent will be applicable on the remaining share, unless you chose to purchase the maximum share of 75%. If a 75% share is purchased no rent will be applied to the remaining 25%. If you wish to discuss purchasing a smaller share of this property please contact us to discuss your options.


Wimborne House is situated on the edge of a large green, just outside of Gravesend, Kent. It is less than 2 miles from the bustling town of Gravesend on the coast of the Thames estuary.

Gravesend benefits from a wide range of high street shops, a market hall, two historic piers and a rail station with regular services to London and surrounding towns.

There are bus routes running directly past Wimborne House, with regular buses to Dartford, Bluewater Shopping Centre and Gravesend.

View development

Shared ownership calculator

Property value
Share to purchase
25% 50% 75%
Mortgage required
Indicative monthly rent *

The particulars within this website have been prepared for prospective purchasers for guidance only. They are not part of an offer or contract. Whilst some descriptions are inevitably subjective and information is given in good faith, they should not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. All dimensions are taken from plans and must, therefore, be treated as approximate. Some variation in the finished construction and landscaping should be expected. The site plan, images and photographs are indicative only, not to scale and for general guidance only. Sanctuary Group reserves the right to amend the specifications without prior notice. Any substantial changes to the specification or plan following reservation will only be made with the prior approval of the buyer. Any substitution of materials will be to an equal or higher standard. All images, photographs and dimensions are not intended to be relied upon for any contract nor intended to form part of that contract. Sanctuary Group is under no liability to any person in respect of any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage) which may be suffered or incurred, or which may arise directly or indirectly, in respect of information contained on this site.



For help finding your brand new home, call our team on 0800 916 1444 or Contact us