At Sanctuary we take our role in meeting the UK’s housing shortage seriously and we are building more new homes than ever before.
Over the next ten years we intend to develop 30,000 homes. Some of these will be for sale, some will be for shared ownership and others will meet the need for additional rented homes.
To meet our target we intend to deliver over 3,000 homes a year from 2020 so we are continuing to acquire new land on which to build these homes.
If you are a land owner and have a development opportunity that you would like to share with us, please contact us at email@example.com and the Land Manager from your region will respond.
To see examples of land opportunities that we are turning into new homes, please use our find a home search.
Our Land Requirements
At Sanctuary Homes we have a clear strategy for what we are looking to buy.
Where we are looking
We operate across England and Scotland and are acquiring land for new homes in many areas including:
- South West England – including Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and the Bristol commuter belt
- Heart of England – including the Cotswolds, Worcestershire, Herefordshire, Shropshire, Warwickshire and Oxfordshire
- South East England – including, Cambridgeshire, Essex and Kent
- Yorkshire – including the Leeds and Sheffield city regions, North Yorkshire and Scarborough
- North West England – including Cheshire and the Liverpool city region
- Scotland – including Glasgow, the west coast, the central belt and Aberdeenshire
- London – across the city, particularly including the north and east
What we are looking for
- All types of land suitable for residential development, including both greenfield and brownfield development sites.
- Land that can be used for general housing for sale and for rental, for specialist housing and for care homes.
- Development sites large enough for us to achieve economies of scale in construction and sales.
- Sites with established planning permission or opportunities offered on a subject to planning basis.
- Joint venture opportunities with land owners where we can deliver more value through a partnering approach
Our specialist regional Land and Planning teams bring detailed local knowledge to the appraisal of all new development opportunities.
We have a clear strategy of what we are looking for. This enables us to appraise all opportunities quickly so we can let you know whether your site is of interest to us.
Our flexible terms enable us to structure a deal to suit the seller and the site, using outright purchase, conditional contracts and partnership agreements.
Sanctuary’s financial strength and expertise enables us to agree and complete deals quickly.
We are committed to in-house construction as this enables us to provide competitive construction costs, maximising the value we can offer for land.